What is a Cryptocurrency?
Cryptocurrencies (Crypto) are virtual currencies that typically use a decentralized network to carry out secure financial transactions. With Maduro Invest trading platform you can trade Crypto CFDs – such as Bitcoin, Ripple XRP, Ethereum, and more – by speculating on their price movements, without actually owning them.
What are the benefits of Crypto CFDs?
- No need to have an exchange account or use a special wallet!
- Trade-in any direction – Selling is just as accessible as Buying.
- Available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day!
Major Cryptocurrency Terms
If you are already a trader, you’ll know that there is a whole glossary of words, terms, and expressions that are encountered predominantly in the world of trading. Technical and fundamental analysis, Bollinger bands, support and resistance levels, swing trading… these are just the tip of the iceberg.
It’s the same with almost every specialist topic – they all have their terms and jargon that can take some time to familiarise yourself with.
Blockchain Technology and Associated Crypto Terms
- Before we elaborate on the main types of cryptocurrencies, we should first explain the term ‘blockchain’. Blockchain is a special type of software technology that most cryptocurrencies are built on.
- Blockchain uses a peer-to-peer network of computer nodes to verify cryptocurrency transactions and ownership. This verification process uses cryptography for security. Cryptography involves the use of complex mathematical formulas and is what gives cryptocurrencies their name.